Can also be used in industrial and line processing.
Types available for
- Short pastry
- Puff pastry (also crackers, breadsticks)
- Cakes and muffins
- Almond-flavoured dough
Advantages for baked and pastry product dough
• Does not alter the flavour.
• Gives the product an exceptional non-stick quality in all recipes.
• Gives the dough baking stability and stability to after-baking characteristics, making Munarina formulations particularly suited to industrial requirements.
• Reduces viscosity and stickiness, increase crumbliness and softness.
Advantages for the formulations
- The short pastry formulation has exemplary viscosity, speeds up the blending process, gives no sinking while baking, more even shape, lasting crunchiness.
- The grissini and crackers formulation gives crunchiness, flavour and golden colour, allowing less oil to be used without jeopardising the robustness of the finished product.
- The croissant formulation gives a more even shape, above-average water absorption, ideal consistency, golden colour in the initial baking phase. It also expands exceptionally well.
- Munarina™ flours limit stickiness in all sponge dough products.
- The formulation for almond-flavoured sponge dough or for recipes with nuts allows a lower quantity of nuts to be used while maintaining moisture and consistency, but giving the dough a much finer structure and allowing substantial cost reduction.
- The wholemeal formulation exploits the appeal of a high fibre content for health-conscious consumers, with the advantage of not having the taste and texture of traditional wholemeal products, ensuring exceptional dough strength without the supplementary addition of fats and flavourings, crumbliness, flavour, and even shape.
Health and functional characteristics
Munarina® formulations, useable for bread, cakes, biscuits, patisserie etc., add the beneficial effect of fibre in the stimulation of the gastro-intestinal tract, to a delicious flavour, easy workability even in an industrial setting, and excellent cohesion of the dough, which maintains its softness/friability without the need for corrective flavouring or additional quantities of fat.